I know how some of us out there are scared of kickstarting digital titles, but there are a couple of exceptions to the rule, and it is my opinion that BEDLAM is one of those exceptions. To prove that I believe I've already thrown my money into the ring to help make this game a reality, and now I'm calling upon you, brave and noble gamers to help bring the project home. They are currently (today is the 20th of October, 2014) sitting FOUR days away. They are also sitting at about 16K under their goal. Now I know what you are thinking, that seems like a bit of a stretch to cover in 4 days. Well that's why I'm telling you about this game because I think that that thinking is going to be proved wrong, and I'm just giving you a heads up on this so that you don't miss out on the chance to help make it to the goal, that much faster.
Now of course I could give you more information, but I think it is safe to say that the video, as well as the following stats, will do a better job, and really sell what this game is all about:
BEDLAM is a strategic single-player roguelike turn-based role-playing game, created for the PC and Mac utilizing 'The Banner Saga' engine.
The player is cast as the mysterious Mechanic, the last known member of a once-thriving guild of brilliant inventors, intrepid travelers and operators of the rolling fortresses called Dozers.
As the Mechanic, you are in charge of commanding your crew in battles, managing your resources, improving your Dozer, interacting with various characters, and protecting your passengers while navigating through the post-apocalyptic wasteland known as Bedlam.
Think you have what it takes? Then grab the controls, equip your Dozer, load your passengers, assemble your diverse battle-ready crew and prepare for your journey to a new destination on the far edge of Bedlam!
Remember – One chance and one crew to make it through!
- Our unique blitz battle system! Turn-based combat with swift play, over-the-top animations, action point based movement and attack system, environments and battles gradually affect your crew, crew-buffing Dozer upgrades, and tide-changing Dozer weapons!
- Roguelike influences and RPG features, including randomly generated encounters and discoveries, meaningful permadeath, three different supplies to manage, crew veteran rankings and incredible replay value.
- Dozers, the gargantuan rolling fortresses covered in armor and weapons to protect passengers and crew during the journey through Bedlam.
- Four unique enemy factions: Marauders, Mutants, Cyborgs and the A.I. - all with their own strengths and weaknesses.
- “Double-Down” (a New game+): Travel back through Bedlam for the opportunity to defeat merciless overlord King Viscera and his minions for untold riches... or the sacrifice of everything!